Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thursday 10 minute card challenge Oct 15



Is it Thursday already!!!!
Time flies when you are having fun.
This is what I've been doing since last Thursday
.........and then some.
By the way I do not get up at 3am like
who by the way is on holiday in Greece, lucky lady!!
............that clock is showing 3.30pm
can you see the sunlight streaming in the window!!!

I can't show you the front of the cards yet
because it's my next Thursdays 10 min card
and it is also a swap that I am swapping
on Sunday 18th, so I don't want to give
the design away.

I also have to make my Thursday cards
in advance because my In Laws are arriving
from Michigan US of A on 19th Oct
so I'll be playing tourist with them for the whole week
and it would be rude of me to go and craft huh!!!!

....ahem....cough.....cough...I can hear DH in the
other room disagreeing with me, he knows
I never give up my craft unless I have only
one arm which will happen on Nov 12
when I go in for shoulder surgery to repair
a rotator cuff...I'm trying not to think about it.

So this is my Thursday 10 minute card challenge

Ingredients: Ribbon, crystal effects, Horizontal Slot punch
tweezers, dauber.
Ink: Old olive
Stamp: Inspired by Nature
Cardstock: Chocolate chip, Old Olive, Very Vanilla

Cut out your slots

Stamp up your reeds in Old Olive ink

Use your tweezers to hold the horizontal punch piece
I could not do it with my fingers

I found I needed to use another implement to
help me hold down the slot in place

Use your dauber and daub the side of the card
I do this to give it some body and depth
but not all cards need this

Which ribbon to use...that was a hard choice
5/8" Chocolate chip grosgrain

1/4"chocolate chip grosgrain

Taffeta chocolate chip

........what about a bow............I love bows but they
do have their place


I love cutting the base card lengthwise
this allows the card to stand up
but this shape has its place as well
and doesn't suit all card styles

Voila all done


IRL this was the best looking ribbon
1/4"chocolate chip grosgrain

I also did one in Baja Breeze, Not quite Navy
and stepped it up with the sentiment


Click on a picture to see a larger version
[bridgetsiggy2.jpg]

7 comments:

sandi maciver said...

very pretty card, thanks for playing along.
have fun visiting with the inlaws and good luck on your operation

Alice said...

Love it! WOW!

Tammy Q Howell said...

Love all the color combinations. Such a neat card. Hope your surgery goes well.

Ying Pang, said...

very neat and stunning job, great job!! Thank you for your nice comments on my blog , Bridget.

hugs,
ying from Malaysia

Unknown said...

what a lovely site and a lovely craft - i thoroughly enjoyed reading what you are doing - best to you

Anonymous said...

Just fantastic!
The step by step "DIY" - just blew my mind!
That's some talent you have there Bridget
I am impressed
God bless you always

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This card is FAB! Love the simplicity, but yet stunning elegance! Great job!